Sunday 3 November 2013

Deacon Zedric

Since both kids are sleeping right now - dreams do come true - I thought I would take this much appreciated opportunity to introduce to the world our family's newest member: Deacon Zedric.

Deacon joined us 12 days overdue on Oct. 29, at 5:53 am.  The day before his arrival I had a pretty good idea I was going to go into labour that night as I was having random contractions throughout the day.  I had a Dr.'s apt and fetal assessment that day and there was no indication that labour would commence, so they put me on the "Induction List" on Oct.31. 

Sure enough, at around 1 am the contractions started coming on a lot stronger and in a definite pattern.  Instead of waking Tyler up, I just walked around the house a bit and did some deep breathing.  Nothing I couldn't handle on my own!  I kept checking the clock so that I knew when they were getting closer together.  I even managed to have little naps inbetween some of them!  They literaly went from being 12 minutes apart to 5 minutes apart.  I woke Tyler up, "Time to go to the hospital!!".  Tyler does not wake up easily.  He fell back to sleep.  Another contraction.  When it was over I went back into the room, "Call your mom to come over!!!  We have to go to the hospital, NOW!"  To which he replied, "So should I call her now?  Or when she actually has to be here?".  He got the hint soon enough, his mom was called, she zipped right over, and a minute later we were on our way to the Women's Hospital.

Thank goodness we live 5 minutes from the hospital!  As soon as I got to triage the nurse did a pelvic exam which determined that I was already 9 cm dilated.  Tyler had just returned from parking the car as I was being wheeled to L & D.  30 minutes later, out came little Deacon weighing in at 7 lbs 4 oz.

As for the name Deacon Zedric, I came up with it the night before he was born. We just decided to go with it.  After signing all the papers at the hospital I had a brief moment of, Oh no! What if this is wrong name!  Haha.  Now I'm so glad we kept it.  He's a special little guy!  Even though all he really does at this point is sleeps, eats, and poops (the last two A LOT), he does it with pizazz!!! 

We can't wait to see what kind of baby he becomes!

XO Liza



No comments:

Post a Comment