Friday 3 January 2014

January 2nd

January 2nd is a strange day.  We've all just spent a hefty few weeks immersed in holiday festivities.  We've enjoyed the craziness of the Christmas season and the excitement of bringing in the New Year with our favourite people.  And as hectic as it became to haul our families here and there, we did so with delight and a twinkle in our eye.  All the while enjoying food and drink that we've waited all year to over-indulge in.  Every Christmas seems so epic and magical.

And then... (sound of a record being stopped on the turntable)...back to reality on January 2nd.  What?!  Wait!?  So I can't drink spiced rum and eggnog and eat fudge all night anymore?  What do you mean "Set the alarm clock"?  Where do all these empty boxes and bags go?  Do I really need to stop singing Jingle Bells with my two year old?  (Which by the way, is not even about "Christmas").  It's as if the holidays never happened!  Now it's on to the next event on the calendar.

Tyler had 2 weeks vacation over Christmas!  We LOVE having him around.  He just never gets bored of playing Hide and Seek or Ring Around the Rosie.  And he definitely keeps me on my toes.  Tyler is not one for relaxing in his pj's all day.  Even in these frigid temps he dragged us all out for post-Christmas shopping trips to Ikea and Cabela's one day and Polo Park the next.  I would never have done this if he didn't instigate it, but it turned out to be very fun.

New Years Eve was uneventful.  Deacon, Hayden, and I spent the night at the farm.  Tyler went to a party.  My initial plan was to wait until Deacon and Hayden were both sleeping at my parents house and then I would go out, making sure to be back well before Deacon's inevitable 3:30 feeding.  This all sounded wonderful in theory, but Deacon didn't end up falling asleep until 11:45 so I rang in the new year snuggling my little baby :) .  Next year, however....

I sincerely hope everyone's holdiays were as joyous as ours were!  All the best to you all in 2014!!

Love, Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment