Saturday 1 November 2014

Updates!!!

First of all, Happy Halloween!!!  I hope everyone is out there having a good time whatever you may be doing.  I just have to say, I love Halloween.  Now that Hayden is super into it it's even more fun.  The last 2 Halloweens she didn't really get it.  And I feel so horrible I can't remember if she could even say "trick or treat" last year (mental note: video tape every moment of Hayden and Deacon's entire lives).  Even now her "trick or treats" sound like she's saying, "Sick or Seat!!" 

Hayden was a ghost for Halloween!  Her choice!  Last year I decided for her that she would be a little kitty cat, and she loved it.  This year, she changed her mind every day what she wanted to be which made me a little nervous since I intended to sew her costume  and that takes some planning.  She went from wanting to be Jack-O-Lantern, to a parrot.  And then silly things like a book and a trail-cam.  So she decided on a ghost and thank goodness that it didn't require much sewing because I ended up spilling coffee in my sewing machine the day I finally got around to making it.  Her costume was literally a square of white polar fleece draped over her head with eyes and a mouth cut out of it.  And then elastics sewed on for her wrists.  And Deacon didn't get dressed up.  Sorry Deacon!!!  Mommy is disorganized!  Next year I'm going to put a lot more effort into their costumes.  We are currently in the process of renovating and moving so things have been a little crazy. 

Sidenote: hopefully everyone got their sugar-fueled little ones to bed without too much difficulty!  I didn't have to worry about that tonight because Hayden and Deacon are both at Tyler's moms for a sleepover.  God help her! 

So I know it's been a very long time since my last post.  In the beginning, the main reason for this was because Hayden stopped napping in the afternoon which was when I would routinely update my blog.  ALSO, we moved Deacon's crib from our bedroom into the living room and his little sleeping head is literally 2 feet from my computer (also in the living room).  I can't seem to type quietly enough to not wake him!  You can tell from the above paragraph, that we desperately need more room.

ALSO, we are currently in the process of renovating our bathroom and packing our house because we are putting it up for sale ASAP!  Hayden, Deacon and I have basically moved in with my parents at their farm so that we're not getting in the way. 

I am at the house right now "helping".  Since we've been sleeping at my parents house I've been sharing a bed with Hayden every night and to be honest, I love it.  We get to snuggle all night and I get to listen to her say crazy things to her stuffed toys.  Deacon's crib is in the same room so there's a lot of "SHHH"'s going on.  But I still really really miss sleeping in my own bed.

Sidenote #2: Deacon is 1 now!!!  I am writing a blog post dedicated to him coming shortly!

Sidenote #3:  I am RE-quitting eating sugar starting November 1 until Christmas!!!!!!  I have been majorly binging lately.  In a hardcore addict way.  My darn parents are just typical grandparents with their house all full of treats and whatnot!  So it must be done.  Wish me luck.  Again.

xoxo Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment