Wednesday 17 July 2013

Peace, Love & Peanuts :)

Hello and welcome to my blog!! If you don’t already know me, my name is Liza and I am the happy mom of 1 happy kid (.5 if you count our pup, Rocky; .5 if you count the little one currently in utero ETA mid-October).

Yes, life with a toddler is busy and you may be wondering how I possibly have time to write a blog?! Time will magically produce itself for the things we really want to do. I’ve been back and forth about starting a blog for a while and today I decided to just do it! I feel like I need an outlet to share ideas and revelations about being a stay-at-home mom, and I just love discussing all kinds of stuff with anyone who will listen!

The title of this blog has been inspired by a few of my life rules:

Peace: “First keep the peace within yourself, then you can also bring peace to others.” Thomas A Kempis (1380 - 1471).

I would consider myself to be a peaceful person by nature. Of course that is not always true (and my husband will agree). Sometimes life can get a little hectic and “Peace” is no more than a silly ideal better left for the hippies. It’s easy, being a mom, to fall into the roll of “family dictator”. “Do this!” “Don’t do that!” “Come here!” “NOW!”. How am I supposed to be peaceful when toddlers are the farthest thing from it? They resist almost everything, do the opposite of what you ever want, and are so demanding! Since I am not equipped for the roll of “Power Mom”, I’ve found a niche that more suits my personality: “Peaceful Mom”. So when Hayden’s temper is flaring, I make sure to check my own and appreciate these little heated moments because they’re all part of her growing and its all positive.

Love: “All You Need is Love” - John Lennon.

It’s true! If you don’t agree with this then you probably just think its cheesy or your logic is telling you “Of course you need a lot more than just love!!” No, you really don’t, because as long as you have love in your heart, it will lead you to everything else you need. (that’s just what I think).

I also strongly believe that if you love something, or doing something, you should share it with the world if only to inspire others to do the same. Only good can come out of it!

Peanuts: Have you ever wondered why the Charlie Brown comic was titled “Peanuts” when there were never any references made to the shelled legume? (Similarly, this blog has nothing to do with my dad’s favourite snack.) It was called “Peanuts” after the
peanut gallery, which is generally just a term to describe a silly bunch of people. So in this case, “Peanuts” represents all the ridiculousness in my life.

I’m so excited to share my thoughts and stories with you! I hope you enjoy reading about my insanity as much as I enjoy living it! Definitely comment if you have anything to share!

Xo Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment